Sunday, October 28, 2007

A long weekend...and a little down.

This weekend was a great one for sure. First off I got to spend it with Tyler. I haven't spent a full weekend with him in awhile. It was fabulous. Yesterday we took off here around 3 and headed down to Michigan State Univ. We stopped at a cider mill on the way down. At the mill we did some wine tasting (Ty and I are really getting into wine!), had a donut and cider, looked around, then made our way to MSU. When we got there, we met all my girlfriends at Applebee's. We had a quick drink then went home to get ready for the Halloween party! I was Aphrodite (Greek goddess of Love) and Tyler was a fat, Scottish man. (I'll post pics of that later!!!) We both had a blast! Today Tyler brought me to his job site so I could see his progress. It amazes me how he knows so much about construction at such a young age(24). I am very proud of him and all that he is accomplishing. :)

On the flip side, I've been a little down lately about school. In the beginning of this semester my exam scores were strong and I felt really good with how classes were going. This past week I had 4 exams and didn't do as well as I would have hoped. I've been studying and working really hard and it is not paying off. I don't know what my deal is. I guess I'll just have to do more or just keep trying my hardest. I just hate having it get me down like this. I have one more semester left...I CAN DO IT!

Well tomorrow starts a new week. A week of Halloween fun with the boys. I'm taking them trick-or-treating, so that should cute! I hope everyone has a good start to the work week and for those who are soon traveling to bring home their babies...I wish you the best! :) Love to all!

2 cherished comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Just hang in there girl, you will make it through and pull off some good grades.
Your blog looks great! I'm entering you in the contest!

Steffie B. said...

Hang in there girl.....you are so close to being done! Glad you and Tyler had a fun weekend. I miss having him around after all those years! ;)