Sunday, October 14, 2007

~My Calling~

Lately I've been praying for some sort of answer to my questions on orphans. Ever since that church service 2 weeks ago, I'm longing to help one or many. My church sponsors a orphanage in the Dominican Republic and a group of church members go down once each December and once each summer. Today God showed me what I need to do. I know it is my calling to go down there and help the kids in D.R. I want to go so bad...my heart aches to go. However, the cost is very high and I could never afford it. The trip is December 15-22 and I can't stop thinking about how amazing it would be and how much of an impact I could be for the children. Our church also does a "sponsor a suitcase" drive for students and members who can't afford to go but really want to and people can sponsor you. I would love to get involved with that, however in some weird way I feel bad about it. I don't know why, I just wish I could afford it...but I can't. I guess it will be a journey to see what does happen but it would be an amazing experience. Some way I will get there....I can feel it. God is calling me to do work with children... I know he is. I'm very involved in child care at my church and also living with a family I get lots of involvement with kids. I love them and knowing that there are orphans who need love in this world just breaks my heart. There is a plan for everyone and a journey that we all must discover. Who knows if I will ever get to go to D.R. but I truly think it is my calling. If money wasn't the issue I'd be down there in a second. It is all in God's hands now....I just hope it all works out....I pray it does.



3 cherished comments:

redmaryjanes said...

I think that it would be wonderful for you to go. It would change your outlook on life tremendously. The world is such a big place and we don't see much of it here in the US.

Anonymous said...

Ames, I think you should do the suitcase thing. If you put your mind to it you can raise any amount of money. God can seriously do ANYTHING you ask if you pray about it. If you feel like God is calling you to do this than he will provide a way for it to happen. And if you feel bad or guilty about it then that is Satan making you feel bad because any good that you do for spreading the word of God is admirable and good. Think about it. I love you
Mel

Steffie B. said...

I totally agree with Mel....go for it.....let us know if we can help!