Thursday, October 11, 2007

This is all new to me!

I'm Amy. I'm your typical girly girl who loves meeting new people. I'm in my final year of college and hope to continue my college career with Cosmetology school. Oh I love doing hair and makeup! I live with a family while I'm here at college and I nanny for their two kids, Kyle (4), and Ryan (1). I LOVE my job and I love the craziness of the family! :) I'm sure I'll have lots of fun stories to share about those boys!


This is me!





















Well I finally decided that I need to start up a journal again. I had a journal in High School but that ended because of my life getting so busy. I'm now into my senior year at college and I'm trying to start taking steps to bigger changes in my life. I really hope I can use this blog to help me get through my last year at college and have it be here for a place to vent and regroup. I've been keeping up with some friends blogs for awhile now and blogging just seems to be a fun little world. I know I don't have much in common with the blogs I've been reading because they are all adoption families. However, reading these blogs has got me very interested. When I attended church last weekend, we had a group of kids from around the world come in and perform for the congregation. They were called "Children of Hope." From the moment I walked into church till the moment I left, I felt something I've never felt before. The children performing on stage were not only amazing singers and performers but over half of them were orphans. When they sang, tears filled my eyes and I knew I had to do something. God was calling me to do something. Whether it be just sponsering a child or something much more. Now I have a boyfriend whom I've been with on and off for about 4 years now. This past spring we have decided to begin a relationship again...a relationship that will last forever. After spending a whole year apart, my heart ached for him. The time we had apart made both of our lives more clear. We both hurt eachother in the past but it only made this whole thing seem so real and perfect. We now know that we are ment for eachother and we will do anything to make it last. I've talked to him many times this church service that touched my heart and he said that he would love to look into it little later in life. I just know that I want to and need to help a child, an orphan, sometime in my life. God is calling me to do it and I want to do it with all of my heart!




I hope this blog helps me keep my thoughts on track and lets me begin to meet new people. I was hesitant to start this blog, knowing that I'm a busy girl, however, I felt a calling that I needed to do it. It will be very beneficial to me in the long run to be here to let my heart speak without any "talking back". :) So here starts my journey in blogger land...

3 cherished comments:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

Yeah !!! love the new blog and so hear your heart on orphans... if God places a calling on your life to sponsor, pray or adopt i promise it will change your life !!!

redmaryjanes said...

Welcome! Your blog looks great and there are a lot of wonderful people out here. I love how you care for children and have an open heart. Don't be a stranger at my blog, please keep commenting. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Steffie B. said...

Ok Amy.....I am just crying away over here. What an amazing thing for you to experience and at such a young age. You've seen Sophia....she is such a special gift. If they day comes and God leads you down this road in the future.....I can promise you, you will never be the same! ;)

I see my two friends above me.....I had no idea you were reading all the adoption blogs! It's pretty incredible isn't it? It is a unique group of people to connect with.

Hugs to you and Tyler.....do you have a date yet? Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
S*