Thursday, November 15, 2007

Relieved...

Happy Thursday to everyone! The weekend is right around the corner. :) Well I posted a few weeks back about how frustrated I was with school. It was seeming like I try and try and nothing good came of it. Well I finally got some relief! This time around in some of my classes I tried a new approach to studying. I always knew that when I make note cards, I do so much better. It is just taking out the time to actually make the note cards that kills me. I'm great at procrastinating. haha I did however take two exams this past week and the studying finally paid off. I did such a better job in one of my classes that my teacher told me I was the one who improved the most. This just sent me through the roof with happiness. I have always been a "not so good" test taker and so hearing this just made my day. I went around smiling for about two days after hearing this. I'm just glad that I found a way to make my grades and my confidence improve.

On the flip side...I'm getting really excited for the holiday season. I've always loved this time of year. :) Tyler and I will be traveling to his parents over Thanksgiving for a few days. I'm super excited because I don't see them near enough. I also only have 3 weeks of school left for this semester and then finals week. Then just one semester left and I'm done!!! I see a light at the end of the tunnel....HALLELUJAH!!!

4 cherished comments:

Steffie B. said...

Way to go girl......have a great weekend! ;)

hugs to Tyler from all fo us! ;)

redmaryjanes said...

I am glad to hear that you have found a study plan that works for you. It sure does take the pressure off. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Verna said...

Amy,
I used to rewrite all my notes for my clases that were difficult (Chem, history, OK, everything) -- I was once told that the more senses that are involved, the better you will remember it. Looks like it works well for you too. Congrat!!

Laura Nipper said...

I can so relate to what you are going through. School never came easy for me, but it feels so good when you get that degree and all the hard work pays off. You are so close! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.