Sunday, December 9, 2007

~The Proposal~



Well I can't believe it! I am still shocked...I can't stop smiling and I just couldn't love my fiance' more! Here is the story...


As we all know, I have been sick with a nasty sinus infection...I've sounded like a man for a few days now...haha. This past Friday night, the parents of the family that I live with, went out for the night. Tyler and I stayed home and watched the boys. Around 7pm, Tyler went up stairs to put Ryan (the 1 year old) down. Kyle (the 4 year old) and I started to bake sugar cookies, Tyler soon joined up when he got Ry to sleep. We were just cooking away and having a good time. As we were finishing up, I started on the dishes. Tyler and Kyle had left the room and I just thought they were playing down stairs. A few minutes later, Kyle comes walking up the stairs with his hand behind his back and a smile on his face that lit up like a Christmas tree! I said..."Kyle, what did you do!?" haha He then walked right up to be and said, "Amy, Tyler loves you very much." All of the sudden, my heart started to race. Then from behind Kyle's back, he pulled out a black ring box. I started to scream and cry and everything else! Tyler walked up behind him, grabbed the box, and got down on one knee. I was shaking, crying, and speechless. He said the most amazing and loving things I've ever heard. I screamed "YES YES YES!!!!!!" (In my man voice) I hugged him and kissed him for about 5 minutes...well until Kyle said "AMY WHY ARE YOU KISSING HIM SO MUCH!" haha Got to love 4 year olds! Then I spent the next 2 hours calling my best friends and my family. Then my voice was completely gone!


I am still glowing and will be for quite some time now. We are thinking about September 2009 for our wedding. I want to get through with college and my internship and hopefully save a few $$. I can not wait to spend the rest of my life with Tyler. He is my true love and soul mate and I thank God for him everyday. I think I'm going to start turning this blog into a wedding blog! haha I'm going to need some opinions! ;) I will leave you all with some pictures...of the ring of course! It is amazing!





13 cherished comments:

Steffie B. said...

Love it...it is gorgeous! Can't wait to see you both! ;)

redmaryjanes said...

Whoa, hold on a minute and let me put my sunglasses on. That dazzler is blinding me!! Lovely sparkler!! Great job Tyler!

kerri said...

Congratulations to the future Mrs. Pyke!!
Your ring is just stunning, enjoy this special holiday season. :O)

Verna said...

What a sweet proposal!! He sounds like he is great with the kids too. Surely a keeper!! Congratulations future Mrs Pyke!

Laura Nipper said...

Wow that is a beautiful ring and he sounds like a wonderful guy who loves kids. Congrats again.

Mr.Brian said...

What a neat way to pop the question.
Now if only you could fast forward to 2009.Guess it will be here before you know it.
Thanks for taking part in Verna's sneeky plan.I've enjoyed getting so many cards.
I plan on getting mine started this week.

Holly said...

CONGRATS!!! How wonderful. Your ring is gorgeous :)

Steffie B. said...

Are you still floating? ;)

Gwen Oatsvall said...

yiiipppeeee ... you look so happy .. sending big cyber hugs your way ... CONGRATS ... thanks for all your prayers for my sweet maggie ... i think adoption is in your future !!

Emmie said...

oh Amy even though u told me the story last night I wanted to read it again..hehe! I am sooo excited for you both! Can't wait to get together to talk about the wedding..!
and tyler taking care of and puttig kids to bed..lol!? o my...lol..sounds like ur training him well! ;)

Suzy-Q said...

WOW!

Paula said...

Congratulations to you! How exciting. Just reading the way he asked you brought tears to my eyes. September is a great month to get married (thats when we did). I love your ring. Its looks enormous, yea girlie!

Gail said...

Congratulations Amy! Your ring is gorgeous and Tyler is one lucky guy I think. :) Thank you for the Christmas card. Have a wonderful New Year!!!