Monday, March 10, 2008

Zero to Sixty in One Week

Boy was that a joyous Spring Break! Where do I ever begin!? Well I left for home Thursday the 28th and came home to a bubble bath and a glass of wine...yes my mom knows me so well! :) Friday morning was the big surgery day. I got to the oral surgeon at 8am and was in sleepyland by 8:30. The tooth extraction went very well and I didn't even bleed that much. The first two days went ok, just slept a lot and drank shakes and smoothies. Day three however, was the day from hell. I woke up in tears because of the pain in my mouth and I couldn't even bit my teeth together. The swelling was both inside and outside of my mouth. Talk about NO fun. Luckily my fabulous fiance' laid around with me all day long. He will make such a good husband. ;) The Monday following surgery was still a little iffy but by Tuesday I was doing much better. 3 days went by with NO makeup or NO blow drying of the hair...that just might be a record for me! Anywho, Tuesday I ran some errands with my mom and then I went out to dinner with Steffie and Emmie!!!! We had such a great time! We met a local restaurant where we chated about all you fine bloggers ;) Then I headed back to the compound to see Thing 1 and 2! I must say, I love that family. They are always so sweet and fun. I do however give Stef the Mother of the Year Award...she sure puts up with a lot of chaos in that house!!! ;) You rock girlfriend! Stef took some pictures of us at dinner but hasn't posted them yet. I left my camera in the car on accident...typical me!

Well by Wednesday, I was getting sharp pains in the teeth that were near the extraction. I was popping Ibuprofen every 6 hours, otherwise I was nauseous from the pain. I was trying to push through it....

Thursday came along and I got a phone call from a Salon and Spa that I put my resume' into for a job/internship. The lady wanted to have an interview Friday morning. I was THRILLED!! You all know that I want to get a degree in Cosmetology after I finish my bachelor degree up here in 6 weeks, so this is my open opportunity to get into a salon starting as a desk receptionist.

Friday morning I woke up still in a lot of pain. I headed back to the oral surgeon so they could do the week after checkup. The dentist told me that everything looked good and I was healing nicely, unfortunately it sounded like I had a little bit of a dry socket, which was causing the pain. He then proceeded to try to stick a piece of medicated gauze down in the incision....yeah, that was a NO go. He forced and ripped so hard I started to bleed! I was like "ok Mister...STOP NOW OR I'LL SLAP YOU!" He then says "oh, it looks like its healing so fast I can't get it in there!" Well no sh*t!! My white knuckles didn't give that away?! Oh jeez...well after all the poking and prodding, he got some medication in the incision and I've been pain free ever since! So I guess it was worth it?

Ok so back to the job interview. It. went. fabulous. I couldn't have been more happy with it. I already have a second interview scheduled and a start date thrown my way! Yay for me!!! Finding a job was number one on my list of things to accomplish over my break and I did it! I feel really good about it.

Well I finished the week off working three 12 hour days with my mom at a Women's Expo that was held in our city. She is the corporate dietitian for a big grocery store chain in many states so she always has a big booth there. My feet are still aching from standing on concrete floors, dealing with crazy women who love free stuff for 3 days! Oh its good to back at school...

So there you have it! I started the break flat on my back and ended it on my feet for hours on end! The family that I nanny for is gone all week vacationing in Colorado...so its pretty quite around here. This week will be more of a break then last! ;)

(I didn't take a single picture while I was home. I'm sorry! My one chipmunk cheek wasn't that cute anyways!) teehehe

7 cherished comments:

Steffie B. said...

Hey girl....hope you have a good week....I'll email you the picture....I keep forgetting....Daniel is now sick....~sigh~...it is NEVER ending....

hugs and smooches...

OH MY #6 said...

Gosh, I am glad you are back.

Sounds like you had a rough time with those teeth extractions.

AND...why wouldn't that woman hire you?! She would be crazy not too.

Enjoy your piece and quiet my friend.

Lea

Denise C said...

SO glad you are back safe and sound!
Hope your week is nice and quiet and peaceful.....with your "other family" in Colorado for the week!
Sweet Blessings to you!!!

redmaryjanes said...

Hmmm...I read along until I got the part where you and Steffie went out without me and then I just checked out. Uh huh...I see how you blondies are : )

Laura Nipper said...

Glad you tooth is feeling better. I have heard dry shockets are painful. Hope you enjoy the quite house for a week. Oh how I miss those days from time to time. :)

Paula said...

Glad you got through the tooth extraction. Doesn't sound like much fun. I guess the doc knew what he was doing, but stuffing gauze down there sounds pretty painful.

Steffie B. said...

Hope you have a great day!