Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Bad Storm = NO Power = NO SCHOOL!



Only in Michigan would we get weather like this in January! Last night, we started to get thunderstorms, it was getting worse and worse out and then BAM BAM BAM, we start getting hail. At this point the satellite when out and of course we can't find a radio! The Internet was still up and running so we jump on weather.com and find out that our little county out of the whole state of MI is getting hammered the worse. I then see a tornado warning come up....ahhhh SCARY!!!!!! I start to freak out and run down to my room to gather candles. Soon enough...about 10 minutes later, the power is OUT! I screamed a little when it went out because I was sitting in my room which we call the shoe box room...it is a very small rectangle with NO windows so it was DARK in here! I run up stairs, using my cell phone as my flashlight and crawl up to Lisa (the mom of the house) and of course she is laughing at me. I immediately start freaking out again because I just worked out and was all sweaty and I couldn't shower now. But I was soon told that I could because we have city water. HAHA oops, I'm used to living with a well so we could never flush the toilet or shower when power was out! So....I go crazy with lighting candles and we start the gas fireplace. By this time, it was going on 11pm so we all decided to hit the sheets. I set my phone alarm so I could be up for school. I wake up randomly throughout the night to still no power. At 8am my phone rings and its my mom. She said that my school just flashed on the tv and we have a 4 hour delay. WAHOOOOO I knew I took all morning classes for a reason! ;) I then lay back and bed and again get woke up by my phone ringing at 10:30am...hehe. It was Tyler and could NOT believe I was still sleeping! Well I get back online and find out that campus is closed all day today and night! I guess a transformer blew from the storm!!!!! Now...if only I had something to do today. I don't have any homework to catch up on because it is only the second day of the semester! :) So...maybe I'll start some wedding planning.... yay!

2 cherished comments:

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Ewww, sounds like quite a storm! Enjoy your day off. Have fun wedding planning!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Paula said...

Its nice to have a unexpected day off. You've been given an award,
check out my blog!