Sunday, January 6, 2008

This is why I love him...

Today started just like any other day...I woke up to my alarm, I ate some Cheerios, and then decide to hop in the shower. The whole time I'm going through my routine, Tyler is playing with the boys...I mean on the floor playing cars and making all the "vroom vrooom" noises! The boys just adore Tyler. Ryan calls him "Ty" because he can't quite make out Tyler and Kyle is clued to his hip the moment he walks in the door. Well after this, we get the troops in the van for church. We get to church and decide to try a new option our church is offering. Instead of sitting in regular service, you can opt to go to the old chapel, where there are tables and chairs set up, hot coffee brewing, and its just over all a much more casual situation. Any how, after we get our seats, we start to sing and worship. In the middle of one of my favorite worship songs, Tyler grabs my hand and my heart just starting going a mile a minute. I look into his eyes and I could just see how God is working in our hearts. We then did communion. At this service, you walk up and rip off a piece of bread and dip it in the cup. Tyler and I went up together and did this hand in hand. Again, I hear and feel God all around us. It was such a powerful moment today. I never thought that I could feel that strong of a presence at one time. It was as if he was saying, "he's yours forever"....it made my heart dance with love and compassion. On another note, Tyler is in construction and works very hard at his job. He loves every minute of it and loves to take me to the sites to see what he accomplished. The other day, he was actually on the front page of the newspaper here for showing how much Tyler and his company accomplished, making them fall ahead of schedule. I am just so proud to be marrying a man who is great with kids, compassionate about God, and has such a strong work ethic. I must have done something right I guess?!
This is the picture that was in the newspaper! (I yelled at him for wearing a spring break shirt with a beer on it!) haha

4 cherished comments:

Denise C said...

Hi Amy!
It is so nice to meet you! I am so glad you happened upon my blog! I love to meet new people! Thank you for commenting!

I just want you know that this has to be one of the sweetest posts I have read thus far! You and your sweetie are so very blessed to have found each other! God is so good, isn't He? Congratualtions on your upcoming wedding (saw the count down ticker) and congrats to your sweetie on being such a wonderful worker for his company and for your future together!
I will pray for many sweet blessings to come your way as you plan and move closer to your wedding day!

Warmly,
Denise C

Mommy Spice said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. It's so nice to meet you. Congratulations on your engagement and finding such a special man. I have to tell you, before my husband and I started dating, we were friends. There was an alter call one Sunday evening, and we were standing next to each other up front with everyone else. The pastor asked us to all join hands. When D.S. held my hand, my heart skipped a few beats. All I knew was that God was opening a new door there. 3 weeks later we went on our first date, and have been together ever since.

I'm looking forward to reading more on your blog. I want to see some pics of your boys.

Paula said...

What a great guy. My DH sounds a lot like Tyler, he loves construction work, great with kids and is a very sensitive guy. You have definatley found a keeper. The most important thing is that you both have the same belief in God.That will get you through the many ups and downs of marriage.

Mommy Spice said...

Ok. I get it now. Cute boys!!