Thursday, January 10, 2008

What do I want to do with my life?


Many of you know that I'm a college student but have no idea what I am going into. Well...I am an Entrepreneurship major with an Earth Science minor. Those who don't know what Entrepreneurship is...it is starting up and owning your own business. Ever since I was about 10 years old, I loved doing hair and makeup. I was the girl in high school who did my friends hair and makeup for dances and other things. Now, I've done a few of my friends hair for weddings and what not. It is my passion and the whole idea with my major is that I dream of starting up my own salon and spa someday. I have not gone to cosmetology school yet and probably won't for a few years yet. Now, why the minor?! Well, the minor is just random! :) I do also enjoy learning about the earth, weather, rocks, etc. Loser?! Yeah its ok to call me that! So, I just picked up this minor because it was just fun. Now if they offered a minor in makeup and hair....oh I would SO be all over that! I do however before I graduate have to complete 900 hours of an internship. For awhile I was thinking that I wanted to do it in a salon to get some experience. But not being certified yet, I could only be a receptionist. I am now looking into getting an internship with a company that I would be doing everything from finance, to marketing, to business planning. This I feel will give me a great outlook on the business aspect of it all. Ultimately, I would love to have a big salon and spa for moms to come to so they can relax and just enjoy themselves and have a little salon in my home where I can be at home with my kids and still do what I love! Now, I gotta get Tyler on making some more $$ and building this for me.... ;) ;)


Just thought I would let you all know where I'm headed or want to head towards with my schooling! And for you bloggin' girlies who live in the same state as me....I will so hook you guys up some day!!! :)


5 cherished comments:

Paula said...

Thats great that you know what your passion is. That is the key, to have a job that you LOVE. I know one friend who worked at a salon for years and then opened up her own, it is called TRU. She is doing really well. She has a knack for really listening to what her clients want.
I have another friend who is a doctors wife (he is on call a lot) and she has a small child. She was saying "I wish there were stylists that could come to my home, I would pay them double just for the convenience". I am kind of surprised that no one has thought of that market.

Mr.Brian said...

Dream big and reach for the stars.I think you will do great in what ever you decide to do.

OH MY #6 said...

Amy, I think definitely you will do all you plan to do! Sounds like there could be a wedding planner type in there too! You seem so out going and fun.

I LOVE your enthusiasm!

Have a good day!

Lea

Nikki said...

I have no doubt that all of your dreams will come true, Amy!

(The girl who does my hair has a little salon in her home...it is just so sweet! I love going there)

Steffie B. said...

You are so funny! ( about Tyler building you a salon) If you build it......I'll come! ;) EVERY. SINGLE. DAY!!!! lol