Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Basement Demolition!

Under Construction
Well we finally got tired of having this whole house wallpapered! The previous owners of the house at which I am a nanny at had a huge obsession with wallpaper! It was in every room of the house when the family first moved it. Over the past couple of years, they have been slowly taking it down room by room and now we have finally decided to say bye bye to the old basement and hello to a fun new look! This house has 4 levels so this level isn't technically the basement...there is another lower level. This level however is the level that I live on. It had this nasty maroon wallpaper covering the top half of the walls and wood paneling covering the bottom half. We got tired of looking at it so we started demolition this past weekend! There is also a wet bar on my floor that we are making huge changes to. I still don't have my digital camera because my mom is not back from her trip yet...so I can't take pictures of the disaster area. I will however take pictures when it is finished so you can all marvel at it! :) Over the course of this project, I have learned to enjoy peeling wallpaper! haha I know you are all thinking that I'm nuts but I find it to be kind of satisfying! I was told that I need to start taking it off in my bathroom too so this morning when I was showering, I decided to start ripping it off above my shower...haha I'm a freak! So needless to say, I'll be home later this afternoon peeling away and enjoying every minute! Muahahaha....

10 cherished comments:

OH MY #6 said...

Now that sounds like fun!

Enjoy.

Lea

redmaryjanes said...

Hmm..I wonder what other remodeling projects you would enjoy. I need to have you over to my house!

Paula said...

I never knew what made wallpaper so popular in the first place. It is a hassle to take it down. Have fun stripping (the wallpaper that is) :)

mommy24treasures said...

We love working on our house and are always doing something. Have fun!

Steffie B. said...

Happy redecorating......I always like to do this kind of stuff! ;)

Laura Nipper said...

Wall paper is a big pain. Very popular in the early 90's. I bet the house will look great when its all done. Have fun peeling the wall paper way.

kerri said...

I recall tearing layers(and I mean layers)of wallpaper, it was fun seeing all the funky patterns.
Enjoy your peeling, LOL...

Mr.Brian said...

I love tearing wallpaper too.
If you lived closer I would help.
Do not ask me to help in construction though.
Paint yes,power tools are not my friend,you would be spending your time driving me to the E.R.
HAve fun tear some wall paper in my honor please.

Denise C said...

Oh Amy...I can't wait to see your finished project! I LOVE to redecorate! Do it all the time around here.....Chelsi's room is next on my mental list!
Love ya girl!!!

April said...

I needed you several years back. I hate wallpaper...I am a big fan of paint. I love to paint!