Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New Finds...

I have been resently reading some really great things. I wanted to share them with you all!



First is Jesus Calling. I first heard about this book from Gwen and she just raved about it! So then I tried buying online and had no such luck. Then my amazing friend, Denise, sent me a copy of my very own! I'm in love with this devotional. Every day it touches my heart and speaks to me on so many levels. I am recommending this book to everyone I know. It really has been changing my life.

Next, I'm reading this book along side my best friend Melissa. Together we decided to start a little bible study between eachother. We did some research on books, and found this series. We have just started with the first one, Courageous Women in the Bible. It has been great so far. The book has a short reading then has you read a passage in the bible. Then there are questions and things to think about. Very fun book if you want to start a womens bible study of your own!


And last but not least, my new wedding planner! I am in love with this book. It is more like a binder then a book but it has so many great ideas in it! This was my Valentines Day present from my mom. It has everything you can think of in it, such as places for business cards, pictures of flowers and their meanings, different dress options, ways to walk down the isle, and so on... I have just started stuffing it with all my finds so far. I'm afraid its going to be HUGE by the time the big day gets here! ;)

So there you have it! That is what I've been up to....along with school and homework of course!

13 cherished comments:

Paula said...

Amy~It just warms my heart to see you so in love with the Lord. You have no idea how lucky you are to know Him at your age. You already have an advantage to having a successful marriage because you and your fiance have the same beliefs. I would have saved myself a lot of misery if I would have known God when I was your age. I'm going to check out the Jesus calling book - Thanks!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

amen sister ... this book just melts into my day and sets my feet on solid ground ... i am so glad you feel the same ... i love knowing that so many of my friends are reading the same thing with me each day ... it makes it even more special ...

Abby said...

oh amy i love you. i need to hang out with you again, you make me feel happy :)

Gracie said...

Well, I give you probs for being able to read three books at a time! I am going to have to look for the second one....I need somethign good to read... Congrats on the great Valentine's present! Know it will be a help.

OH MY #6 said...

I will check it out!

Thanx Amy for the tip.

Lea

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Great wedding planner book! I wish I would have had that when I was planning my wedding. That will come in very handy.

I LOVE the blog makeover! Beautiful colours!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Laura Nipper said...

I need to go buy that devotional book. It sounds amazing. Just need to find it first.
Glad you still love me even though it's 85 degrees in SD. If I could mail you some sunshine I would. Hey maybe you should come visit. :)

Nikki said...

The devotional is awesome, isn't it? It's so fun that so many of us are reading it this year.

Your Wedding Planner looks awesome - you are going to have sooo much fun!

Denise C said...

Awwww...Amy you are such a sweet blessing to me! I just love the friendship we have formed!
I love Jesus Calling too....and I agree with Gwen and Nikki....I think of every single one of us reading the same page on the same day....and think...Isn't God so great to give us this gift of friendship in HIM! Ahhhh.....sweet times...even if we are all spread out many miles apart...in our hearts....we are oh so close!
Hugs and Love to you girlie!!!
Oh...one more thing....I love "Valentine" playing!!! Great song!!!

Denise C said...

I wanted to share with you something that I did for my wedding....I had my Mom be my "Matron of Honor"....I chose to have her walk down the aisle before I did....and then stop at the front pew where she and My daddy would sit....when she came to the front pew, she turned around and watched daddy & me walk down the aisle toward her....then when we reached her at the front of the aisle...I kissed her and then she moved into her front row seat and waited for daddy to "give me away" on stage...then he joined her in the pew. I also had a maid of honor who stood right up there beside me (me best girlfriend).....but mom and I were always the best of friends and she was the only one I could have ever wanted to be my matron of honor! It was a special day for both all of us....Yours will be too! I am so excited for you to be planning your wedding of a lifetime! You'll have to have a designated "Blogger Pew"! We'll all want to be there, ya know!!! ;)
Hugs!!!

LaLa said...

I have heard so many wonderful things about the Jesus Calling book, never heard of the second one but it looks great, and the wedding planner will be a huge help : )

Just found you through Nikki, Gwen or someone else...not really sure. Love your blog : )

Mommy Spice said...

I have had Jesus Calling for a couple of weeks now. My husband and I read it together. I love it!!

Kim N Jeff said...

Great book for planning.... Also check out www.theknot.com has a lot of great resources that I found handy planning our wedding...