Sunday, February 24, 2008

Exhausted!

Well the weekend is coming to a close and boy was it a good one! One of my best friends Erica and her roommate Allie came to visit me Friday! We had a great time. We hung out around the house for the day and then made pizzas and had a few adult beverages together later in the evening. We then headed out to meet Tyler at a local restaurant and had a few more beverages! We all had a great time together and I can't wait to see them again! My friend Abby also came with us for awhile!
Abby, Erica, Me, Allie


After a late night out on Friday, we woke up around 11am on Saturday. Then the girls packed up and headed out. I then went over to see Tyler at his job site to see the progress that they had done. I'm still so proud of what he has accomplished at that building. He sure is good at what he does! :) Following that visit, I came back home and started helping Lisa make some appetizers for our girls night out. Yes, two nights out in one weekend....very rare for me so I'm dragging butt today! She had about 10 of her girlfriends over and we then headed to our church for a Women's Comedy Night Out. This is the 7th year our church as done this. It is so big and popular that tickets sell out within minutes. The show is themed each year and this year it was Old Hollywood. They had an amazing stage set up and a red carpet and all! We had a fabulous time there. Our pastoral staff always does a little skit and this year they reenacted The Wizard of Oz. And yes...one of our pastors was Dorothy. I am still laughing about it! They also give away awesome door prizes and I actually won a $25 gift certificate to the movies...score!! So last night turned into a pretty late night also....


That leads me into today. We went church this morning and the service was very good...like always. We actually had to write down on a piece of paper something that someone has done for us to help us with our faith and our walk with Jesus. I of course put down Denise and how she sent me the Jesus Calling book. I'm still so amazed at her kindness and even though we've never met in person, she is such a good friend to me and I cherish that friendship. I hope you all had great weekends as well. I'm looking forward to the end of this week because that starts the first day of Spring Break!! Too bad I'll be sitting in the oral surgeons chair Friday morning at 8am getting my wisdom teeth pulled! Happy vacation to me! haha

7 cherished comments:

OH MY #6 said...

what a great looking bunch you are. Your weekend sound fabulous.

Wisdom teeth might not be too bad but the apprehension is terrible.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday Amy!

Lea

Denise C said...

AWWWW! You are just the sweetest little thing ever!!! I do wish we lived closer because we would have such fun together!!

I am so glad you are loving the book....I sure am! (A big thank you to Gwen for introducing all of us to it!!!)

Looks like your weekend was full of great times with dear friends! Get some rest today and I'll be praying for ya as you sit inthe dental chair...Think about all the yummy milkshakes you will be drinking during recouperation time! Be sure to ask for the gas my friend...you won't remember a thing!

Hugs and love to you !!!

Kim said...

You girls are all sooooo pretty..
Sounds like you had a busy weekend..
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers while you are getting your teeth pulled..
Have a Great Week...

redmaryjanes said...

Wow, it sounds like your weekend was fantastic! I would love to have a gno. I have to get together with Steffie and get something planned. If you are ever coming into town, you have to let us know so we can meet up with you. We're still a lot of fun even though we're a 'tad' older than you : )

mommy24treasures said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! ewww on Friday :( I so dislike the dentist! You are so brave!

Nikki said...

Hey Amy! Your weekend sounded like a whole lot of fun...but I got tired just READING about it...heehee.

(and Denise IS an incredible woman! I love that girl too!)

Have a good week.

Steffie B. said...

Fabulous.....so glad you had a good time!