Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Feeling Good

happy face pixel

Whew, such a scary moment turned into something great this morning! I went to the Salon today to meet with the owners. Yeah, scary. I wasn't quite sure why I was meeting with the owners because I've already met with the hiring manager. Well I get there and I'm a bit nervous but I was doing fine. I sat down with them and they said..."The reason you are meeting with us is because Nicole thought your interview with her was great and wanted us to meet you for possible management opportunities." OMG!!! My heart started beating fast. How exciting is that?! Our interview went FABULOUS and she told me that she normally can tell within the first 5 minutes with meeting with some one if they have it and she said she felt great about me. Ahhhh....it felt so good to hear that. For once I feel old, on top of things, and so mature. I'm ready to become an adult in the real world and its a scary but exciting feeling. We talked about pay and all of that good stuff and it is actually a lot higher then I first thought...which is also amazing! Well long story short, I start training on Monday for receptionist and I couldn't be any more excited! I still can't believe that the first salon I gave my application to hired me and with the opportunity to get high up in the business! I want to thank everyone for their sweet comments. It really means a lot to me and I'm so happy that I have this great support system that is praying and looking out for me. Things happen for a reason and learning about this bloggin' world from Steffie B. opened my doors to so many wonderful people. I love all of you guys! Can't wait to blog about work! ;)

Ok, well enough celebrating for now...I have to get crackin' on take home finals and final projects! ...2 more days!

12 cherished comments:

OH MY #6 said...

Amy,

I am not surprised at all. That is fantastic! Please e-mail me your address.

Congrats my sweet friend.

Lea
xoxo

OH MY #6 said...

lea.gunby@sympatico.ca

mommy24treasures said...

wow Amy!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!

Kim said...

YEAH!!!
Great Job girly..
I knew you could do it..
2 more days.. and a new journey of your life is before you..
HUGS..

Laura Nipper said...

That is great news. Very excited for you. Good luck on your final projects and finals. You are almost done.

Mr.Brian said...

What great news!!!!
Guess they know a good thing when they see it>
Has to be hard to consintrate on school.

Michelle R Photography said...

Congratulations, Amy!! Good luck with your finals!

Nikki said...

Woo-hoo! That is WONDERFUL news, Amy!
You are blessed and highly favored...

kerri said...

Congrats and well deserved.
Wonderful news, go celebrate, have a fantastic time. ;)

Denise C said...

Well....all I can say is YAHOO!!!! You go girl!!! I am SO PROUD of you my sweet friend!!! I'll bet your little heart was just a-beating when they asked to see you...oh dear.....the not knowing what it was about is enough to do you in!
So glad it all worked out so perfectly for you....they obviously know a great thing when SHE comes along....You will be the most wonderful person in there!!!
I wish we lived closer.....I'd make an appt on Monday!!!:)
Love you!!!
Denise

Lisa said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Congratulations on your new job!

Steffie B. said...

woo-hoo....you will be FABULOUS!!!