Tuesday, April 8, 2008

GOOD NEWS

Tyler has been trying for months now to buy a house. He gave a few offers and was getting turned down. He then got down on himself and was convinced that he just wasn't meant to be a homeowner. Well long story short, he tried for a house a few months back that did need a lot of work but it was a cute house and I liked the location. Don't get me wrong, it was definitely a "fixer-upper" and it was not in a perfect part of town but he liked it and saw potential in fixing it up and selling it for a good price down the road. Well that offer fell through and he was devastated. WELL...we found out about a month ago that this is house in on the market again and going for.....wait for it.....$30,000 CHEAPER then before! Oh did he jump on that! He placed an offer last week Monday for it and I've been praying that he got it. A week went by and actually just yesterday he again told me that maybe he just wasn't meant to have it. Well my friends at about 1pm today I got the call! The "HONEY THEY ACCEPTED MY OFFER" call. I am thrilled!!! Not only are we going to have a house to move into when we get married, but this will be a full out summer project, gutting it out, painting, and decorating! I'm a happy girl and he is for sure a happy boy!
Sold Sign

11 cherished comments:

OH MY #6 said...

That is AWESOME news! Congrats! Happy boy is good!

Lea

Young Creations said...

Congrats. That will be so fun to set up a house as newlyweds.

There is an old Jewish tradition that the first 2 things you are to bring into a new home are salt and bread. I am not sure why, but I will ask my grandma and let you know.
Lauren

Kim said...

YEAH!!!!!
I am sooo excited for you..
Great things come to those who wait..
HUGS

Mr.Brian said...

What great news.
It will be fun seeing before,during and after pictures.
You best get out some old clothes to start painting in.
Ohhh an I offer the help of Steffie too.(wink).I am sure she would love to do anything.

Abby said...

aww i love the new layout and picture, how did you do that?!?!!? oh and this post is old news cause i already knew once i looked at your blog :) hehe perks of being an amy groupie. but congrats anyway!!!! i cant want to come have a couples slumber party. wait.. that sounds bad. i mean like a campfire :)

Mommy Spice said...

Congratulations!! We bought a fixer upper about 3 years ago. We actually have someone here today fixing the floors in the bathrooms. We are going to put it on the market in about 2 weeks. Hoping to make our money back!!

Laura Nipper said...

Congrats to the both of you. How exciting it is to own a house. I bet you are thrilled to start decorating. Is there going to be a pink bedroom????

Nikki said...

That is such incredible news, Amy!
Now you have the summer to get the house just the way you want it!

This is such an exciting time in your life...I'm so happy for you both.

Paula said...

Amy, What good news. See it was meant to be.
I bought my first house with my ex quite a while back and same thing happened to us, the bank said we didn't qualify. The ex said well I guess we're not meant to be homeowners, and I was like BS on that, I figured out a way to make it work and we got the house. It was my foot in the door to the real estate market and It turned out to be a really good investment. You two are really smart, this is an excellent time to buy.
Congrtulations!

Steffie B. said...

woo-hoo.....all things in due time! ;)

Denise C said...

Oh YAY!!! I am so thrilled for you both!!! Can't wait to see pics!!
Love ya sweet friend!!!